Beware: Portugal announced a nomad visa, so since November 1, consulates and SEF can change their attitude to active income. Check requirements in your country consulate or visa centre.  

Portugal 🇵🇹

D7: Residence permit through regular passive income

for compliance with laws and cases 🇵🇹
NIF, certification and translations
~70-90 days for Visa
~5 months till the residence permit
We will select an expert and a lawyer for your case and situation
Forms, references, letters, contracts
Chat on Portugal
Ask any question you have about immigrating to Portugal or share your experiences

Do it now

Make decision
Make a decision
If you can show a remote income of more than €705 per month and you have €8,500 to deposit in a Portuguese bank account, you can get a D7

Next steps

Police clearance certificate
NIF number
The Portuguese tax number (NIF) is needed everywhere: to open a bank account or rent long-term accommodation. And you can quickly do it online or for free if you have friends in Portugal.
Bank account
You need an account in a Portuguese bank to show a deposit with enough savings to live on. Officially it is 8,5K euros; in practice, it is better to show 12-16K euros.
Annual rent contract
You can find an apartment yourself, use online services or ask an agent from our platform.
Proof of regular income
Proof you have had a regular remote income or income from passive sources (e.g., rent, dividends, retirement) for a year. And you will have this income for several years to come.
Motivation letter
Essay to page. Describe why you chose Portugal, and show your income stability, reliability, and plans in Portugal.
Medical insurance
Insurance for 120 days from planned arrival in Portugal for a payout of €30.000+
Applying to the consulate
Make an appointment at the consulate and apply. Wait 1-2 months and the visa is yours.
Applying to the SEF
You can already come and settle in. It is a formal procedure: to take the documents to the SEF by the correct date. Don't worry: the most challenging part is over; you just have to get your residence permit card.